SUPERIOR, WI (KDAL) - Superior firefighters were called to the Perkins Restaurant at 103 East 2nd Street early this morning when employees smelled smoke. When fire crews arrived about 5 a-m, they discovered fire in the roof of the structure which was quickly extinguished. The cause of the blaze appeared to be a malfunction in the neon lighting system. Damage estimates are put at 10 thousand dollars. After a delay to temporarily cover the damaged area, Perkins in Superior is open for business as usual this morning.