WASHBURN, WI (KDAL) - The Town of Barnes Fire Department was called to a house fire at 3515 Bayfield County Highway "N" early last Thursday morning. The residents were in the garage when they saw smoke coming from the roof of their home. They went into the house to get their dogs out and then went to their neighbors to contact the fire department. When fire crews arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the house and flames shooting from the windows. Several other surrounding area fire departments also assisted in fighting the fire that left the home a total loss. Although the cause is still under investigation, the homeowner says the power was out and they were using candles for light and a propane stove for heat.