CHRISTMAS IS ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! I love Christmas! Everything about it makes me happy. Yes, it gets expensive. Yes, it can be stressful. But when you really sit back and enjoy everything it has to offer you realize that it is all worth it. Before you know it, Christmas will be gone and we will be ringing in the New Year.
I really wanted to focus on all the great things I get to do for Christmas, so I came up with my 10 Favorite Things and wrote them down so I remember to enjoy the moments before they pass by in the blink of an eye.
My Favorite Things About Christmas
- Spending time with my family - from my parents, brother and his family to all the distant aunts, uncles and cousins.
- All the beautiful decorations - Lights, Christmas trees, wreaths and the snow
- Christmas baking and eating - I'm more into the eating because I don't really bake, but Christmas cookies and desserts are always so delicious
- Christmas movies and specials - I love watching Holiday movies and specials from the classics like "It's a Wonderful Life", "A Christmas Carol", "Miracle on 34th Street", "A Christmas Story" to favorites like "Home Alone" and "The Grinch" to the new ones that come out each year
- Gift giving - There is something so special about buying or creating a gift that you know someone will love
- Getting gifts - Let's be real, we all enjoy getting something at Christmas
- Christmas gatherings - From family gatherings to parties with friends
- Spending quality time with my nieces - We love to watch "The Grinch" together and it has now become a tradition
- A small break from work - It's always nice to get the holidays off and I hope you all can too
- And of course, the real reason for the season....the birth of Christ - I love going to church with my family and getting to hear the story which always uplifts me and reminds me why we get to celebrate each and every year on December 25th
I encourage each and everyone of you to make a list of your favorite things because it will remind you what a great time Christmas is and I would love to hear about your favorite Christmas things!
From my family to yours, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
How many presents will be under the tree this year?