Here are 33 things you think are facts but they're actually lies.
1. Drinking booze doesn't kill brain cells.
2. Thomas Edison didn't invent the light bulb.
3. You use 100% of your brain.
4. You can't see the Great Wall of China from space.
5. Twinkies only last a month and a half.
6. No one says "Beam me up, Scotty" in the original Star Trek
7. Vitamin C won't stop you from getting a cold.
8. Thomas Crapper, inventor of the toilet, isn't where the word crap comes from.
9. Goldfish can remember things for longer than 3 seconds.
10. Sugar doesn't make kids hyper.
11. Santa Claus was not invented by Coca Cola.
12. Sherlock Holmes never says "Elementary my dear Watson" in his books.
13. The distinction between the words less and fewer doesn't exist in the English language.
14. People in the time of Christopher Columbus didn't believe that the world was flat.
15. Water doesn't circle down the drain in different directions depending where you live in the world.
16. You're a lot more than 6 feet away from a rat.
17. Dropping a penny from the Eiffel Tower isn't going to kill someone below you.
18. Chameleons change color as a way to communicate not hide.
19. Schizophrenia has nothing to do with having multiple personalities.
20. Being emotional or analytical has nothing to do with your left or right brain.
21. You don't lose more body heat through your head.
22. If you cut an earthworm in half it doesn't continue to grow on each end.
23. It's okay to split infinitives.
24. Climate change is not a fraud.
25. There isn't a secret elephant graveyard.
26. War of the Worlds didn't create a nationwide panic.
27. Your fingernails and hair don't keep growing after you die.
28. Ostriches don't stick their heads into the sand.
29. Napoleon was actually above average height for the time.
30. You don't taste different flavors with different parts of your tongue.
31. Eating turkey doesn't make you sleepy.
32. Lightning does strike in the same place twice.
33. Vaccines do not cause autism.