TOP OF THE CHARTS: Little Big Town
Little Big Town earns their first number-one debut on the country album chart with The Reason Why stealing the top spot by selling 42,000 copies.
A second impressive showing comes from critically acclaimed Randy Rogers Band, which takes number two with their new release, Burning the Day. Last week's number-one debut, Trace Adkins' Cowboy's Back In Town, gets bumped to number three, narrowly edging out Lady Antebellum, who lands at four with Need You Now. And Zac Brown Band's The Foundation wraps it all up at number five.
CMA AWARDS: Blake and Miranda Face Off
Congratulations to soon-to-be-wed Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton on their respective CMA Award nominations! Miranda, who received nine nominations -- the most for a female artist ever -- tweeted, "OH MY DEAR LORD! I can't believe this is happening. Thank you country music for letting me live my dream. God bless this industry!" She also gave props to fiance Blake saying, "I'm so glad Blake finally got the recognition he deserves. He is one of the best vocalists in the format! And he's hot!"
Blake scored his first CMA Male Vocalist nomination while "Hillbilly Bone" was recognized in the Single, Song and Video categories. In a press release, he said, "After 10 years of being in this business, I finally began to tell myself that nominations don't matter anyway. Turns out that's bull crap. Daddy likey! Thanks to all!"
Country's cutest couple will go head-to-head in the Single, Song and Video categories.
CMA AWARDS: It's Good to Be Back!
Being nominated for a CMA Award may not be new to these country stars, but it is still a magical moment ...
- Lady Antebellum's multiple CMA nominations gave the trio plenty to talk about. Dave Haywood said, "The year just keeps getting better and better. Charles, Hillary and I are so thankful for our families and also the family we've made in Nashville within the music industry who continue to support us on this crazy ride."
- Keith Urban is celebrating two CMA nominations -- the coveted Entertainer of the Year and Male Vocalist. He says, "I just found out about the nominations. Man, what can I say? Huge, massive thank you to everyone who not only made these nominations possible, but also brought a whole new level of passion to our shows this year -- from the fans, to country radio, to the Nashville community, I appreciate it more than you can possibly imagine!"
- Little Big Town is celebrating double accolades this week. Their newest album, The Reason Why, debuted at number one on the country album chart and they earned a Vocal Group nomination at this year's CMA Awards. Karen Fairchild says, "This will be a week we never forget and we owe that to the incredible fans, country radio, and our new label Capitol Records." Her band mate Kimberly Schlapman adds, "We are so blessed to have our album debut at the top of the charts, and to have news of this nomination in the same week is just amazing."
- Joey and Rory are proud to receive their second nomination in the CMA's Duo of the Year category, but Joey is more proud of Rory's recognition for Single and Song -- he wrote Easton Corbin's "A Little More Country Than That." She says, "This nomination is truly a testament to not only what a great artist he is, but also what an incredible songwriter he is and has been all these years."
CMA AWARDS: New to the Party!
- Jerrod Niemann received his first CMA nomination in the New Artist of the Year category. In a release he says, "I got started as a songwriter, so I've been in the trenches a long time, and so for everybody to recognize that and give you a pat on the back and say thank you for hanging in there -- although you had your puppies ran over a couple times, it's a huge honor, and I'm very excited and thankful."
- Newcomers The Band Perry skipped right over the New Artist category and went right into the CMAs Vocal Group for their first nomination. Kimberly Perry says, "We are so humbled and just downright excited to be nominated for CMA Vocal Group Of The Year. The three of us are huge Country music fans and are honored to be in this category with some of our favorite artists. Big love and our deepest thanks to everyone for your rich support."
- Brad Paisley has added 13 dates to his H2O World Tour, which will now extend into November. Darius Rucker and Justin Moore will continue on the tour with stops remaining at amphitheaters, arenas and a run through Canada.
- Zac Brown Band new album, You Get What You Give, will be released on September 21st.