Perfect with coffee...or an Irish Car Bomb...
Chocolate Guinness Dough
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 3 T sugar
- 1/3c cocoa powder, sifted
- 1c hot Guinness, 120° to 130°F (I heated mine on the stove.)
- 2T butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Extra flour for kneading
Jameson and Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 1/4c butter, softened
- 2t Jameson
- 1/4c brown sugar
- 1/2c sugar
- 1 1/2T cinnamon
Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting (adapted from Angie’s Pantry)
- 4T butter, softened
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 3c powdered sugar
- 1-2T heavy cream (milk will do in a pinch)
- 1T Baileys
- 1t vanilla
- 1t Jameson
- Grease 9×13 pan and heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour and yeast packets from hot roll mix with sugar and cocoa powder in large bowl.
- Stir in hot Guinness, softened butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, using additional flour as needed.
- Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together whiskey and butter.
- In another bowl, combine both the sugars and the cinnamon.
- Roll dough to 15 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Spread whiskey butter over dough, and pour cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Starting with 10-inch side, roll dough up tightly, pressing edges to seal.
- Cut dough into 12 slices. (I use thread!) Place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover with a towel, and let rise in warm place (80° to 90°F) for 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (I usually just stick it on top of the preheating stove).
- Uncover dough and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until done in the rolled up bits.
Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Sift in powder sugar and beat until combined.
- Add in vanilla, Jameson, and Baileys 1-2T cream (as needed) and beat on medium-high until fluffy. (You can adjust the ratio of the Baileys and cream to the powder sugar for a stiffer or runnier frosting).
- Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.
Optional step: Unhinge jaw, shove frosting covered cinnamon roll in face, and repeat.