As we get closer and closer to the day we meet our twins the list of things that need to get done seems to be growing instead of shrinking.
In reality there are only a few things that need to be done in anticipation of the twins and everything else can wait or just won't get done and that's okay.
On the list of must dos:
- We need to install the car seats and get them checked before we can leave the hospital so the sooner the better.
- If you don't know where to get car seats checked ask your doctor
- AAA will check car seats - This is where we took our car seat before and probably will again.
- Some police stations and fire stations do car seat safety checks
- Check the Safekids program there are multiple places that partner with the program safekidswi.org
- We need to make room for and put up the changing table because like it or not these babies are gonna come home pooping. We could change them on the floor, but after having a c-section that's really not the best plan.
- We need to pack the hospital bag. I learned a couple things last time around that I can apply to this task this time. I'll write a different blog on that later this week.
- Bring up swings from basement (this can be done after we bring the babies home, but must be done right away.)
- Set up pack n play for sleeping downstairs first few days home after c-section
- Clean the garage
- Change the struts and do a transmission flush on the car
- Build a shed
- Fix and sell the truck
- Sell the motorcycle (it's been for sale for months, but no luck selling it)
- Finish building dresser for our room