Turkey Day football is always big fun. The lull of the whistle blowing and the game calls while you're sitting on the couch or the easy chair digesting is a tradition for most of us. This year...wow your guests (or make a little change if ya know what I'm sayin') with some Thanksgiving Day football triva.
- The Detroit Lions have hosted a Thanksgiving game 72 times.
They've won 33 of them and haven't won since 2003.
- The Dallas Cowboys, at 28-15-1, have the best Thanksgiving
- The Chicago Bears have the next best record at
- The Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers are the only
two NFL teams that have never played on Thanksgiving. The Houston Texans made
their first appearance last year and defeated the Lions. The San Diego Chargers
have not played on Thanksgiving since 1969.
- O.J. Simpson holds the single-game rushing record on
Thanksgiving. He ran for 273 yards but his Buffalo Bills lost to Detroit
- Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman has the single-game
passing record. He threw for 455 yards in a loss to Minnesota in 1998. (Washington Post)