Everyone knows that with zero gravity in space, things float around and present all sorts of challenges for astronauts, but most people have no idea just how challenging life in zero gravity is. Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is aboard the International Space Station and, in his latest video, shows us how to make a sandwich in space.
Here's the video for last song Mindy McCready and her producer boyfriend David Wilson worked on together before their deaths. The video for the song "I'll See You Yesterday" shows pictures of the couple followed by information on suicide prevention. The clip was created by her friend David Hanks who asked her if he could post it, but Mindy told him he'd know when the time was right. Hanks tells People, "In hindsight she was having me produce her suicide video."
Wave boarding with a herd of dolphins jumping all around you has got to be a great way to spend an afternoon.
Blake Shelton made time for his main Valentine, wife Miranda Lambert, joining her mid-concert in Dayton, Ohio Friday. Blake made a surprise appearance, performing his new single “Sure Be Cool If You Did” with his wife. Miranda’sLocked & Reloaded tour mate Dierks Bentley gave a play-by-play of the performance on Twitter, posting, “Boom! @mirandalambert & @blakeshelton on stage together tonight in Dayton, Ohio. #surebecoolifyoudid”
Mindy McCready, perhaps better known for her troubled personal life than as a country music icon, died today from an apparent suicide. She was 37-years-old.
Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office in Arkansas confirmed Sunday night that she was found on her front porch dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
A message on McCready's Facebook page reads, "In life I believe everything happens for a reason, even when I don't understand I still believe there is a perfect plan for everything... Every laugh, every tear, every moment, I love the dance..."
McCready's life seemed to take a downward spiral following the recent death of her boyfriend David Wilson, who died in January of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. His death is still under investigation. Wilson was the father of McCready's youngest son,Zayne, who was born on April 9th, 2012.
Mindy was released from rehab last week, but her father still had concerns about her health. Her father, Ted McCready, filed a petition earlier in the month detailing Mindy’s alleged state of mind. He says, “Since boyfriend [David Wilson] shot himself she has been in bed for three weeks. Sleeps all day. Drinks all night and is taking RX drugs. Not bathing or even helping take care of her two children.”
- McCready was born on November 30th, 1975 in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Her debut album Ten Thousand Angels sold two-million copies and featured number-one hit song “Guys Do It All The Time.”
- She had multiple arrests on charges including DUI, assault and battery.
- Released five albums over the course of her career.
Mindy moved to Nashville at age 18 to pursue a career in country music. She released her debut album, Ten Thousand Angels, included the number-one hit “Guys Do it All the Time” and sold more than two-million copies. Subsequent albums -- 1997’s If I Don’t Stay the Night, 1999’s I’m Not So Tough and 2002’s self-titled project -- failed to match the success of her first release. Nonetheless, she had 12 singles make the Billboard country chart over her career.
Mindy spent far more time in the news for her personal problems.
- In 1997 she got engaged to actor Dean Cain, but the engagement ended after a year.
- In August 2004 she was arrested for using a fake prescription to obtain OxyContin. She pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years probation and community service.
- 2005 was perhaps her worst year.
- On May 6th, she was arrested in Nashville for DUI, but was found not guilty and charged with driving on a suspended license.
- Two days later, Mindy’s then boyfriend, Billy McKnight, was arrested for attempted murder after choking the country star.
- In July of 2005, she was charged with identity theft and fraud in Arizona.
- A week later that July, authorities were called to a Florida hotel where Mindy was found unconscious in the lobby from a toxic mix of alcohol and drugs -- an apparent suicide attempt.
- That August she was arrested for parole violation.
- She attempted to take her life again in September overdosing on antidepressants while pregnant with McKnight’s child.
- On March 25th, 2006 Mindy gave birth to son Zander, but motherhood did little to change her. In July of the same year, she was charged with battery after assaulting her mother and resisting arrest in Florida, and spent three months in jail.
- In April 2008, Mindy admitted to a decade-long affair with baseball legend and married father of two Roger Clemens, saying it had begun when she was 15. Clemens denied the story, saying they were close family friends.
- That June, Mindy was arrested in Tennessee for parole violation. She spent another 30 days in jail.
- On December 17th, 2008, paramedics once again responded to a call when Mindy attempted suicide by slashing her wrists.
- In 2009, she appeared on Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew.
- In May of 2010, Mindy lost a court battle to stop Vivid Entertainment from releasing a sex tape she’s featured in. She said the tape was intended to be private and was stolen.
Mindy, whose latest album, I’m Still Here, was released in March of 2010, leaves behind her sons Zander and Zayne.
For Valentine's Day, performance troupe Collective Cadenza visited a senior living center to meet couples, learn about how they met and then perform their wedding song. Yes, it's very sweet.
Valentine's Day is the day of romance, so keep this in mind guys: A study on kissing found that women based their decision of whether they would sleep with a man ... on his kissing abilities!
So make sure you don't kiss like this ...
- The Lizard: Your tongue darts in and out of her mouth like a reptile probing for its next victim.
- The Roto Rooter: Your tongue ventures so far down her throat that it actually begins to choke her.
- The Swordfish: You operate your tongue much like a swordfish, and use your nose in a blunt and violent manner.
- The Deep Sea Diver: You rarely come up for air.
- Frozen in Time:You never change the position, posture, or angle of your head.
- The Squid: You seem to emit an awful smell and taste. All she can think of is how to slip you a breath mint. (Askmen.com)
Natalie Maines said what? In a recent interview with CMT, she joked that going back to a country music career would be “like going back to your abusive husband.”
CMT’s Katie Cook caught up with the Dixie Chicks frontwoman at the MusiCares tribute to Bruce Springsteen over the weekend and asked how she was feeling about country at this time. Natalie started laughing in response, while Katie added that many country fans still love her.
Natalie replied, “You still love me… Lots of people don’t love me. You know what? It’s kind of like going back to your abusive husband. I’m just not feeling it. I’m sorry.” Natalie continued to laugh at her own answer, while Katie quipped, “We won’t hit you anymore.” Natalie answered, “Ah, yeah, right. That’s what they all say,” and continued laughing.
The Dixie Chicks have three country gigs on the schedule in Canada this summer, beginning with a July 7th show at the Cavendish Beach Music Festival on Prince Edward Island. Natalie’s first solo album, Mother, is due May 7th.
Today (Wednesday), Katie goes country -- with guests Chris Young, Reba McEntire and Nashville’s Connie Britton.
On the syndicated show, Reba dishes on going Hollywood, while Connie opens up about Music City and Chris performs his latest single, “I Can Take It From There.” Check local listings for air times.
The next Pistol Annies record is in the can!
Miranda Lambert tells the Hollywood Reporter, “We just finished our second album, the Annies and I. And we did a photo shoot this week, [and] it’ll be out in a couple months.”
Miranda heads back into the studio this fall to record the follow-up to her award-winning solo album Four the Record. Her next Locked and Reloaded show with Dierks Bentley is Valentine’s Day in Dekalb, Illinois.